I thought donating my vacation time to helping feed people and helping friends instead of squandering my money on an island paradise might improve my Karma, but after returning to work from my vacation, I’ve experienced, instead, an obvious run of bad luck. Some people count their blessings, but I’ve started counting my curses:
- I injured my back at work yesterday and woke up this morning with the kind of back pain where you aren’t sure if you can get out of bed. (I did, but now wish I didn’t. )
- I got braces yesterday, my first day back from vacation, and my mouth is in pain.
- My braces keep breaking: Four different brackets broke off seven different times on the first day.
- First meal with braces: three brackets broke off and I had to buy toenail clippers at the store with an inch and a half of sharp wire sticking out of my mouth and food in my teeth when my attempt to trim my braces as recommended failed.
- For the last two days I can only eat food from a blender since I have no chewing surfaces due to bite bumps glued onto my back teeth.
- My blog has been suspended, and I have been unable to post, twice in the past two days due to an artist not wanting me to use certain illustrations.
- My electric bill from when I was gone is twice the size of the previous month when I was here using electricity.
- Yesterday, while parking so as to try not to hurt my back moving equipment, I got a $45 parking ticket.
- I thought I had found a roommate, but it didn’t work out.
- In the mail today, my eye insurance will only pay $40 of my $95 claim for new eye glasses, my first claim in 3 years.
- Today, with the pain of the braces distracting me, I hit a pole in a parking lot, doing $1600 damage to my Prius.
Based on the worsening trend, I’m dreading tomorrow, which starts with my third visit to the orthodontist in as many days. FML.
I know, I know, many people have it MUCH worse. I am damn lucky to have a car to damage, and a blog to get suspended, and teeth to cause me pain, and eyes to put glasses in front of, and so on.
Broken braces mouth disaster. Photo Credit: Xeno, Aug 23, 2011