‘Super hot’ chilli kills chef

By | September 30, 2008

Andrew Lee of West Yorkshire, England has become the first person(?) to die from super hot chillis. He was in perfect health and had just passed a medical exam at work.

Andrew Lee, 33, challenged his girlfriend’s brother to a contest on September 19 to see who could make and eat the hottest sauce, London’s The Times reported.The forklift driver from Edlington, West Yorkshire in England, made a tomato sauce with red chillies grown by his father, but after eating it suffered intense discomfort and itching. Mr Lee went to bed and asked his girlfriend, Samantha Bailey, to scratch his back until he fell asleep. When she woke in the morning he was dead, possibly after suffering a heart attack, The Guardian said. Paramedics were called to the home but were unable to revive Lee, who was lying on the floor, The Telegraph reported. …

“Andrew just ate the chillies with a plate of Dolmio sauce. It was not a proper meal because he had already eaten lamb chops and potato mash after work,” she said. “He apparently got into bed at 2.30am and started scratching all over. His girlfriend … woke up and he had gone. It is incredible. Who would have thought he could have died from eating chilli sauce?” She said a post-mortem showed no heart problems. – smh

Leave a Reply