Zero Motorcycles has created a stealth motorcycle for use by U.S. Special Operations Forces: The MMX.
The all-electric off-roader features a nearly silent powertrain, full blackout capability, wiring for infrared lighting systems and a keyless ignition for quick starts.
“It was a very rewarding experience for the Zero team to go through such an exacting development process. The military needed a very specific set of core features on the MMX, and we were incredibly thankful to work side-by-side with them to deliver such a unique product,” said Abe Askenazi, Chief Technology Officer for Zero Motorcycles.
Matte black paint completes its low profile look, and with no intake or exhaust to worry about, the bike can operate when submerged up to one meter.
A pair of modular batteries provides more than two-hours of riding per charge and can be swapped out for fresh packs in a matter of moments.
A fleet of the bikes is currently being evaluated under operation conditions.
2013 Zero MMX Military Motorcycle – Key Features
- Specialized military dash for quick and centralized mainline controls
- Keyless ignition engaged with dash toggle for quicker departure
- Modular and quick-swappable power packs
- Wet operational abilities in up to one meter submersion
- Switchable headlight for night-time stealth
- Integrated wiring to accommodate quick installation of front and rear infrared systems
- Safety override and reserve power capabilities to extend range during extreme situations
- Aggressive foot pegs and hand guards for optimal control
- Tie down eyelets with integrated tow cable and rear seat strap
via Stealth motorcycle for special forces being tested – New York News | NYC Breaking News.
Where would you go with an exceptionally lightweight, highly maneuverable and powerful dirt bike? One capable of riding legally on-road as well? Now … what if it didn’t make a sound and only cost pennies to operate?
The all-new Zero X now features the same championship winning powertrain as the Zero MX and, combined with its ability to ride on the street, it opens up previously unthinkable trail riding possibilities. With instant torque from a standstill, no shifting, a low seat height and very light weight, the Zero X is a high performance electric motorcycle that pushes technical trail riding to ambitious new levels. Direct drive gearing and weight-optimized components combine to form a stealthy machine that aggressively races up hills, flies over jumps and cuts through streams.
A revolutionary, life of motorcycle Z-Force™ lithium ion power pack and highly efficient motor are optimized to produce instant acceleration at the twist of your wrist. To extend ride times, the aircraft grade aluminum Zero X frame is designed to accommodate quick power pack swaps.