Washington – Zacarias Moussaoui knew about the September 11, 2001 terrorist plot and could have prevented the attacks if he had talked, a prosecutor claimed as jurors began deliberating a possible death sentence.
Moussaoui, 37, a French citizen of Moroccan descent, is the only suspect charged in the US for the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington in which nearly 3,000 people died. ”He knew there was a plot about to unfold,’ US prosecutor Robert Spencer told jurors in a federal court on the first day of Moussaoui’s sentencing trial. ‘His lies caused almost 3,000 deaths.’ – MORE
Interesting. Bush knew about the September 11, 2001 terrorist plot and the attacks could have been prevented, for example, if FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley and members of her Minneapolis FBI office were not blocked repeatedly by FBI headquarters in their efforts to investigate Zacarias Moussaoui.?
“The supervisor who was there from headquarters was right straight across from me and started yelling at me: ‘You will not open criminal investigations. I forbid any of you. You will not open criminal investigations against any of these intelligence subjects,” – whistleblower
According to Rowley the FBI’s obstruction was so blatant that her and some of her fellow agents jokingly speculated that key FBI personnel must have been moles working for Osama Bin laden! -? time
Inside job. Been saying it from day one. Also, Bush & Co’s lies about WMDs have caused way more than 3,000 deaths, including innocent people. If this guy Moussaoui was tortured, he’d admit to being a member of Al Pacino, Alfredo, Alhambra, whatever! (link, link) Anyway, lets assume everything claimed is correct… the fact remains that on the day of the attacks, he was in a jail cell in Minnesota. He didn’t do it. We can’t kill a human being based on what the person’s friends did, or even, it would seem, upon the charge of not speaking up to stop a terrorist attack. Laws and times change, of course. We know that Bush favors executions. How long before “terrorist” is the new “witch” and just being labled one, true or not, can get you tortured and killed?
There is currently only one death row inmate convicted of any crime other than murder ? a man in Louisiana who was sentenced to death for the aggravated rape of his then 8 year old step-daughter.  The last time someone executed solely for other crimes were:
- Rape – Ronald Wolfe on May 8, 1964 in Missouri.
- Criminal assault – Rudolph Wright on January 11, 1962 in California
- Kidnapping – Billy Monk on November 21, 1960 in California
- Espionage – Ethel and Julius Rosenberg on June 19, 1953 in New York (Federal execution)
- Burglary – Frank Bass on August 8, 1941 in Alabama
- Arson – George Hughes, George Smith, Asbury Hughes on August 1, 1884 in Alabama
- “Guerrilla Activity” – Champ Ferguson on October 21, 1865 in Tennessee
- Piracy – Nathaniel Gordon on 21 February 1862 in New York (Federal execution)
- Treason – John Conn in 1862 in Texas
- Slave revolt – Slaves named Caesar, Sam and Sanford on 19 October 1860 in Alabama
- Aiding a runaway slave – Starling Carlton in 1859 in South Carolina
- Theft – Slave named Jake on December 3, 1855 in Alabama
- Horse stealing – James Wilson and Fred Salkman on 28 November 1851 in California
- Forgery – 6 March 1840 in South Carolina
- Counterfeiting – Thomas Davis on 11 October 1822 in Alabama
- Sodomy/buggery/bestiality – Joseph Ross December 20, 1785 in Pennsylvania
- Concealing the birth/death of an infant – Hannah Piggen in 1785 in Massachusetts
- Witchcraft – Black person named Manuel on June 15, 1779 in (present-day) Illinois