Police called to investigate a strange smell in a block of flats found a horse jammed into a ventilation shaft 12 storeys up. Residents in the tower block in Prokuplje, southern Serbia, called police and when officers arrived they said the smell was so bad they ordered the building to be evacuated because of fears the overpowering fumes could be lethal. A police spokesman said: “The smell was absolutely noxious. We had no idea what it was at first and did not want to take any risks. “We even had to call in a special unit which deals with dangerous chemicals. Eventually though our officers tracked down the stink to the air vents and finally found the putrefying remains which were identified as a horse. “How on earth someone managed to get a horse’s body 12 storeys up and why someone would put it there though we have no idea.” – ananova
Don’t be alarmed. This is just one of the side effects of the first few seconds of operation of the Large Hadron Collider, similar to the infinite improbability drive. Watch for more bizarre effects when they get it repaired.