People can and do quit long standing habits. Happens every day. Give it up.
“A hospital patient being treated with a flammable gel for a skin condition has died after being engulfed in flames as he lit a cigarette. It is believed the 60-year-old was smoking on a fire escape at Doncaster Royal Infirmary on Monday. He was taken to the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield with serious burns but later died. The hospital is not releasing details, but said: “This is a tragic event. Our hearts go out to his family.” A spokeswoman for Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said an investigation had been launched. A spokesman for South Yorkshire Police said there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances. He added that a report was being prepared for the coroner.” – bbc
At the very least, don’t smoke when you use any paraffin containing or other flammable skin cream.
Skin creams containing paraffin have been linked to dozens of fire deaths across England, the BBC has learned.
The products for conditions like eczema and psoriasis can leave people at risk of setting themselves ablaze.
If people use the creams regularly but do not often change clothes or bedding, paraffin residue can soak into the fabric, making it flammable.
The medicines regulator has updated its guidance and says all creams containing paraffin should carry a warning.
Despite warnings going back more than 10 years, BBC Radio 5 live Investigates has discovered there have been 37 deaths in England since 2010 linked to the creams.
Rest of BBC report here: