Bush rejects US intelligence agency findings, uses $400 million to attack Iran?

By | June 30, 2008

Why should Bush listen to his own experts? He should just trust his manly hunches about who has nookular weapons.

The Bush administration has significantly increased covert military operations inside Iran aimed at destabilising the country’s government, according to a US report published yesterday.

The report, in the New Yorker magazine, quotes military, intelligence and congressional sources as saying that CIA and special forces operations were ordered by George Bush in a “presidential finding” in the past few months. It said Bush sought – and congressional leaders from both parties approved – $400m (£200m) for the secret war, which includes abductions and assassinations.

According to the report’s author, Seymour Hersh, the operations inside Iran have been under way since last year but have recently been “significantly expanded”. … There have been reports from Iran of assassinations of military officers, which Tehran has sometimes blamed on US and British operations. Both the US and Britain insist they are focused on diplomatic means to convince the Iranian government to suspend uranium enrichment and reprocessing.

a US intelligence estimate published late last year concluding that Iran had closed down its weaponisation programme in 2003

There has been persistent speculation that the Bush White House is considering air strikes against Iranian nuclear facilities before it leaves office next January.

Over the weekend, the commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, told a Tehran newspaper that Iran would retaliate against any US or Israeli attack on its nuclear installations by targeting the global oil supply. – guardianUK

Or, perhaps Bush is not really planning to attack Iran at all and there is something else going on…

Oil Rises to Record on Concern Iran Supplies May Be Disrupted

Crude oil rose to a record above $143 a barrel on speculation the dispute over Iran’s nuclear program may disrupt supply from OPEC’s second-largest producer.
Soooooooo, Bush isn’t really planning to attack Iran; this is just a giant scam to run up the price of Congress members’ oil stock portfolios!!!!!!! – wrh

Leave a Reply