Via email from “David with Canadian Rights and Freedoms Advocates”. Two of the links in the email were bad, but the link to the bill is real. I haven’t had time to read the bill to see if it seems to really do what is claimed below.
Bill C-51 will:
* Remove democratic oversight, bypassing elected officials to vote in laws and allow bureaucrats to adopt laws from other countries without our consent.
* Remove 70% of Natural Health Products from Canadians and many others will be available by prescription only.
* Restrict research and development of safe natural alternatives in favor of high risk drugs.
* Punish Canadians with little or no opportunity for protection or recourse for simply speaking about or giving a natural product without the approval of government. More than 70% of people in Canada use a Natural Health Product. The new law goes so far as to warrant action against a person who would give another person an unapproved amount of garlic on the recommendation that it would improve that personâ’s health.
Proposed New Enforcement Powers:
* Inspectors will enter private property without a warrant
* Inspectors will take your property at their discretion
* Inspectors will dispose of your property at will
* Inspectors will not reimburse you for your losses
* Inspectors will seize your bank accounts
* Inspectors will charge owners shipping and storage charges for seized property
* Inspectors will be empowered to store your property indefinitely
* Inspectors will levy fines of up to $5,000,000.00 and/or seek 2 years in jail per incident
With your assets and money under their control will you be able to defend yourself in Court?
Can you trust government with this new law and enforcement power?
Would our government really ever turn this law against us? Read the following account.
In 2003 Health Canada launched an attack on a group of mentally ill patients and the company who supported them naturally. They seized shipments of a safe natural therapy required by the patients and stormed the support center with 17 armed officers and agents. The company (Truehope) reported that they lost contact with more than 300 of their Canadian participants. The Canadian Mental Health Association told of suicides as a result of government action.
Health Canada then charged the not for profit company, burdening them with heavy legal costs. Truehope was found innocent by necessity and instructed by the judge to continue under legal and moral responsibility. Although the agents admitted knowing they were injuring people through their actions, they stated under oath they care only about policy and directive. And what happened to the more than 300 mentally ill Canadians that became unreachable? In the months and years following, reports of hospitalizations and suicides during the seizures have surfaced. No Health Canada agent has ever been charged.